Up & Over Garage Doors
Garage doors that open up-and-over can work in two ways:
- Retractable style doors open up and slide all the way into the garage.
- Canopy style doors don’t slide into the garage; they protrude on the outside of the garage.
There are two ways in which an up and over garage door can work:
- Canopy (where the open door protrudes out of the garage).
- Retractable (where the open door slides completely into the garage).
Advantages of up and over garage doors
- Available in a wide range of materials and finishes so you can achieve the look you want.
- Steel and fibreglass doors need no maintenance.
- Retractable types work well with an automatic opener.
Disadvantages of up and over garage doors
- They require space in order to open so you can’t park right in front of the garage.
- They’re not as secure as other door types, such as sectional or roller garage doors.
- They’re not as tight-fitting as other door types, so may let in cold air or debris.
We are local agents in Derby for up and over doors from Hormann, Garador, Cardale, Novoferm and SWS.